Competitions Terms & Conditions
- Today FM’s decision regarding prizewinners will be final, and no correspondence regarding that decision will be entered into.
- Today FM prizes are non-transferable, and will only be awarded to the prizewinner.
- Use of a false name or address by a competition entrant, i.e. a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize.
- Today FM will keep prize winner(s) personal details for a reasonable time in order that prizes can be sent to the prize winner(s); rules can be verified to have been complied with and for accounting purposes. Today FM may only pass prize winner(s) details on to our third parties or sponsors for the purpose of delivering the prize.
- Today FM Competitions are open only to residents of the Republic Of Ireland.
- For competitions requiring entry by text, the number is 087 4100 102. Standard network charges apply.
- Today FM will ensure that all prizes are delivered within 28 days of winning. Where this is not possible, the station will notify the winner of a delay.
- All prize winners have 12 months to claim a prize and if we or our client company do not receive any correspondence (pertaining to their address or other details) in that time period their claim is null and void.
- When, due to circumstances beyond our control, a prize is not available, Today FM reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
- From time to time the station may offer a cash alternative to a specific prize, but is under no obligation to do so.
- Today FM accepts no responsibility for failure due to circumstances beyond our control, to fulfil a competition, which involves a third party but has no specific cash value, e.g. meeting an artist. We will however, on all occasions strive to provide a substitute prize of equal desirability to the winner. Unfortunately, the company cannot accept responsibility if these attempts do not meet a prizewinner’s expectations.
- In on air competitions, failure to appear on air will unfortunately disqualify an entrant whether this occurs due to operator error or other technical errors.
- The prizes will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the supplier of the prize to the Promoter.
- The Promoter/Todayfm shall not be liable for any loss, damage or consequential damage of any nature whether in contract, tort including negligence or otherwise caused by acceptance of these terms or in connection with the Prize or the Competition.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter/Todayfm reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Competition without notice.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Any person or persons found to be in disregard of any of the above rules will be disqualified automatically. 100-102 Today FM reserves the right to disqualify any contestant for any reason whatsoever in its sole discretion.
** SSE Airtricity Competition **
Free Electricity to the value of €1,500 Prize Draw Terms & Conditions – Today FM Promo 18 November
- The Promoter is SSE Airtricity Limited and SSE Airtricity Energy Supply (NI) Limited (the ‘Promoter’), which are members of the SSE Group. The Registered Office of SSE Airtricity Limited is SSE Airtricity, Red Oak South, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin 18, Ireland registered in the Republic of Ireland No. 317386. The Registered Office of SSE Airtricity Energy Supply (NI) Limited is 3rd Floor Millennium House, 19-25 Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AQ registered in Northern Ireland No. NI041956
- The Promoter is carrying out a prize draw (the “Competition”) pursuant to which eligible entrants may win the prize listed below. Every valid entry is entered into the prize draw where entrants could win the Prize:
Free electricity for a year to the value of €1,500– Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
- The Competition is not open to anyone directly connected with this Competition. Employees of the SSE Group may not enter the prize draw.
- Entrants must be over 18 to enter, if the entrant is under the age of 18 their guardian must enter on their behalf.
- If the winner is an SSE Airtricity customer - Pre Paid Meter winners must agree to switch to a credit meter for the full year the Free Elec is valid from.
- Only one entry per person.
- The Competition opens [18 November 2019] and closes on [22 November 2019].
- 1 winner in total will be selected, from all valid entries.
- The winner will be selected by Today FM and will be notified within 1 week from the Competition close date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace any prize with an equivalent prize without notice.
- Entry into this Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If the winner is not an SSE Airtricity customer, there will be cash alternative. No part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no liability for lost entries. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this prize draw, including any technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the prize draw.
- The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries at its complete discretion, including those entries which the Promoter believes to be fraudulent, or based on misconduct.
- Subject to where the winner’s MPRN/GPRN is located this prize draw and these terms are governed by the laws of Ireland or Northern Ireland (where applicable) and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Ireland or Northern Ireland (where applicable).
- The winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
- SSE Airtricity excludes liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any loss or damage caused to the winners arising out of any of the Prizes.
- If there is any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, the selection of the winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of SSE Airtricity shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into with any entrant.
- Proof of transmission or posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. SSE Airtricity does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- In addition to the foregoing the following terms and conditions apply to the provision of free electricity:
Definition of One Year’s Free Electricity in terms of current SSE Airtricity customers:
- One Year’s Free Electricity to the value of €1,500 is applicable to one domestic Meter Point Reference Number (“MPRN”) in Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland. If the winner has more than one MPRN with SSE Airtricity, only one MPRN will be awarded with the ‘One Year’s Free Electricity to the value of €1,500’.
- One Year’s Free Electricity to the value of €1,500 is calculated based on the Estimated Annual Consumption (“EAC”) of the winner’s MPRN. The EAC is based on the winner’s previous twelve months’ usage prior to the commencement of the Competition. If SSE Airtricity does not have access to the previous twelve months’ usage records in respect of the winner, SSE Airtricity shall have full and sole discretion to determine the EAC based on its own calculations.
- One Year’s Free Electricity will run for 12 months commencing on the first day of the first/next billing cycle date after the winner has been notified by SSE Airtricity (the “Term”).
- One Year’s Free Electricity shall be capped at the EAC plus 10% of the EAC (“Capped EAC”). Any usage over and above the Capped EAC (as determined by SSE Airtricity) shall be paid by the winner.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms and Conditions, the value of One Year’s Free Electricity will not exceed €1,500 / £1,300 (inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate and associated charges).
- VAT charges associated with the Capped EAC will be paid by SSE Airtricity. VAT charges for any portion of consumption above the Capped EAC shall be paid by the winner.
- Standing Charges (if applicable) will be paid by SSE Airtricity (as well as associated VAT amount).
- All un-metered charges such as disconnection/reconnection charges, meter exchange charges and any other such equivalent charges will be paid by the winner (full list of un-metered charges may be accessed at: myairtricity.com).
- Any outstanding debt with SSE Airtricity Limited or SSE Airtricity Energy Supply (NI) Limited must be paid in full before the winner may avail of their year’s free electricity.
** Hen & Stag Sligo Competitions **
- Competition – win a Hen or Stag for 20 people
- Valid from Jan – May then again from October to December (excluding bank holiday weekend and seasonal dates)
- Standard rooms only
- Max 10 Twin rooms. Any extra required the group would pay directly
- Two nights Bed and Breakfast plus One Evening Meal in The Kitchen Restaurant
** National Lottery / Euromillions Competitions **
- Entrants must be over 18 years and they must provide verification of age before any prize will be issued.
** Ah Sure Lookit - Dermot & Dave Show **
- Only entries submitted during competition opening times will be valid (9:55-10:05)
- You are limited to one answer per day, per person
- If multiple entries are submitted at once, that entry will not be counted
- In the event that you guess the correct answer and you are chosen as a winner, you are not eligible to enter the Ah Sure Lookit competition for 90 days.
- TODAY FM will not accept responsibility for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any network, system, server, provider, or otherwise which may result in entries being lost, in audible, incomprehensible.
Fergal Darcy & Alison Curtis Competitions – Fota Island
T&Cs without accommodation
Fota Island Resort’s standard usage policies and T&Cs apply. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other alternative.
T&Cs if accommodation included
Fota Island Resort’s standard usage policies and T&Cs apply. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash or other alternative. Prize elements not availed of during the winner’s stay will be deemed to have been forfeited. Any costs incurred additional to the prize package listed (e.g. food, beverages, room service, etc.) will be at the winner’s expense. Time and date specified for overnight stay and visit to Wonder is non-transferable. Winners must be able to attend Wonder on the specified dates.
The stays exclude special occasions and bank holidays (special occasion does not apply to Wonder)
We wish you lots of luck entering our competitions.
We are grateful to our listeners for supporting the station, and are keen that there should be a fair distribution of prizes amongst all listeners. For this reason, on very rare occasions, it may be necessary to restrict a particular listener from winning successive prizes on the station .
** To this end - we have compiled a winners database for internal office use only **
Any queries relating to competitions or prizes should be directed to the Promotions Department at Today FM, Marconi House, Digges Lane, Dublin 2.