Follow our fitness plan to get in shape for the holiday season
Christmas is coming, and what better time to get into shape!
That was the thought of Dermot & Dave who decided they would help a group of listeners achieve their fitness and weight goals by the festive season, with thanks to a little help from our 'Mind Yourself Now' Personal Trainer Ronan Murphy.
Over an 8 week period, Ronan will not only help these listeners with their training, but also lifestyle adjustments that will enable them to achieve and maintain their goals.
Listen to Ronan's approach by pressing the play button below:
So, let's meet the listeners who are taking part:
- Had a baby girl 5 months ago.
- Was listening to Dermot & Dave while in labour.
WHY SHE JOINED:
- She had a baby girl 5 months ago and is now 2 stone overweight.
- She went back to the gym when her daughter was just 8 weeks old.
- She went 3 times a week for nearly 2 months but because she had 5 weddings, a christening, a hen and a holiday during that time she actually gained weight.
- She has no problem with putting the effort in but obviously being a new Mam, time can be an issue.
- She’s sick of seeing all the people on Instagram who bounce back after baby.
Listen to Emma by pressing play below:
FROM: Buncrana, Donegal
- He work as an Emergency Medical Technician in the northern Ireland ambulance service,
- He's a former bricklayer and also lifeguard and swim instructor.
WHY HE JOINED:
- When he joined the ambulance service was relatively fit, almost 3 years later and I've gained the best part of 3 stone.
- At my heaviest in 2008 I was 18st 10 lbs.
- He then decided he had to change his lifestyle for the better and trained 4 days a week for a year and lost almost five stone and felt great
- He is now getting towards the wrong end of 16 stone again.
- He says the 24/7 shift pattern and unpredictable meal breaks are a killer for getting fit.
- He finds it hard keeping a routine.
Listen to Mark by pressing play below:
- Living in Dublin at the moment
- 5'10 in height
- Kate is freelance project manager, so travels a lot with work.
- She’s into outdoorsy things and would love to train for a challenge.
WHY SHE JOINED:
- Has been feeling down about her weight since August 2017.
- She was a bridesmaid and her confidence was severely knocked by the lady in the dress shop about her weight.
- She put weight on subsequent to that and have noticed that she haven’t been able to curtail it since.
- She has great energy and enthusiasm and often just need one other person to come out with her (walk/hike/jog) for motivation.
Listen to Kate by pressing play below:
You can follow Emma, Mark and Kate's progress on Today FM's Instagram page by clicking on the #FITBYCHRISTMAS Story Highlights Tray.