Some of these are a bit manky... sorry.
There is a man in Australia who has kept a burger from McDonald’s in his shed since 1995. It’s perfectly intact, although a bit small from losing moisture. Gross! Although I’m not sure if I’m one to talk since I still have the pregnancy tests from when I found out I was expecting my now 1-year old.
The listeners of The Early Breakfast have also got things they just cannot bear to part with…. Thankfully.
- “A few rolls of undeveloped film from the 90s!”
I still have my pregnancy stick too from 11yrs ago next week!! I also have a rolo in a box that my husband gave me in 1996!!
— lyn murphy 🇮🇪 (@jlaj1995) November 8, 2019
- “Lots of clothes that I swear I'll lose enough weight to fit in one day”
My girl is 20 & I still have the pee stick! Also have a shirt that I bought in 1986 in Cassidy’s, never wear it, but couldn’t throw it out! Wore it on so many great nights out that it makes me happy to just look at it!
— Delavie 🙄 (@delavie) November 8, 2019
- “My drawer full of old cables and wires”
- “Hi Paula, I had a pair of underpants that looked like they'd been eaten by a bear. Had them for years!”
- “Hi Paula, I kept my pregnancy test too and always will as we have been trying for 7 years for this little princess... just here breast feeding her now, so precious!”
- “I don’t care about things but I hate throwing away old comfortable clothes. Stuff I’d never wear out of the house but so comfy!”
- “I do a big spring clean every year and it feels amazing!”
It’s manky but we have ours too 😂😂 I’m a houre for hoarding stuff though have my old books and T-shirt’s that people wrote on at the Gaeltacht
— ciaran farmer (@CiaranFarmer) November 8, 2019
- “I must be the only person to feel guilty throwing stuff out. I wish I liked doing it Paula but what if I miss the stuff I throw away?”
- “Paula I had an old jacket I LOVED. My wife hated it, she said it was crawling. Anyway, I couldn’t find it one day and after turning the place upside down, she finally admitted she brought it to a charity shop. I was furious. I went to said charity shop and even though the coat had been there for more than 2 months, nobody had bought it! So I paid 10 euro to get my beloved coat back. And yes, nobody else wanted it but so what. It’s mine!”
- “Paula I've a jacket that my wife hates but I won't let her throw it out, when my son was born they had no blanket to hand so put him inside the jacket with me to keep him warm, so it has sentimental value to me. He's 14 in 2 weeks!”
- “I'm not very tall. I was cleaning out my bedroom while preparing to move out of the house me and my friends had rented for about three years. At the top of the wardrobe, right at the back, was a balled-up pair of a stranger's used underwear... that had apparently been there for at least the three years we'd lived there. That was manky!”