Today is the day!
We're holding National Day of Dancing for #DareToCare and we need your help!
Over 250 events are taking place around the country and at 11:45am we all danced together to Walk The Moon's Shut Up And Dance!
💃🏻THIS IS WHEN WE SHUT UP AND DANCE!!!! 💃🏻
— Today FM (@TodayFM) April 30, 2019
Events will still be taking place this evening and across the week, and we're asking you to Dare TO Care, to donate what you can spare in the fight against cancer.
How Do I Donate?
At any time at all, you can pick up your phone and text the word DARE to 50300 to donate €4 to the Irish Cancer Society.
Text costs €4. Irish Cancer Society will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278
Or head to Cancer.ie/Dance to donate online.
Where does my money go?
- €60 will cover the cost of a counselling session to help a person cope with a cancer diagnosis in their life
- €75 will provide in-depth consultations on our Cancer Nurseline for three people
- €120 pays for five Spill Kits for Volunteer Drivers in the event a patient is ill in their car
- Irish Cancer Society Night Nurses ensure that families of patients and their loved ones remain in the comfort and dignity of their own home.
- €306 provides one night of care for a patient during the last days of their life.
If you've set up a fundraiser and you want to donate you can also call the fundraising team on CallSave 1850 60 60 60 and donate/lodge your funds by debit or credit card.
If you have any questions you can get in touch with the fundraising team at the Irish Cancer Society on CallSave 1850 60 60 60 or by emailing email@example.com
You can also drop a cheque or bank draft in the post with your name, address
and supporter number to the Irish Cancer Society at:
43/45 Northumberland Road,
All cheques must be made out to Irish Cancer Society.
- Share your powerful stories with us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post using #DareToCare
- You can reach The Irish Cancer Society here: email@example.com or call 1850 606060.